Monday, October 08, 2007

Nerd 2.

In my last post I tried to show the hilarious side of xkcd without going overboard on the nerdy side. Since I got such a good response from both my fans and some questions about levels of nerdiness, I present the following. If you get these, you know you're a nerd.


I almost died laughing.


I've actually had thoughts like this.


A comic only a programmer could love.


Even at work (where we all write code), I'm the king of shell scripts and regular expressions.

3 comments:

Austin said...

Okay. So I got 3/4 of them. Can I call myself a 3/4 Nerd?

The one that I had trouble with was the "Will it ever stop hurting" That was because I got lost in the Math. I still think it's funny, but don't ask me what the equation is doing.

I knew what Regular Expressions and Pointers were. It's just probably more funny to a pure programmer like yourself who deals with it everyday. I had two quarters of programming.

But the first one is definitely the best one.

Eric said...

Austin,
You're a nerd. You got lost in the math -- enough said.

emesselt said...

I also LOL at the first one. I didn't even bother to follow the math - though I remember similar exercises. Perl to save the day - oh, if only my boss saw it the same way.