Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Tesla in production

These two videos show a sports car accelerating from a stop. They show fantastic acceleration. But there's also something wrong -- do you notice it? Hint: make sure your computer sound is on.








Did you notice? No engine roar! This is the new electric sports car from Tesla Motors. Tesla claims 0-60 in under 4 seconds, and Motor Trend, AutoWeek and Road & Track seem to agree. Since it's electric there's no gasoline roar and full torque at zero rpm. Awesome!

3 comments:

Don the Baptist said...

Warp Factor Five Mister Sulu

Unknown said...

i cheated...I already knew

emesselt said...

Actually, makers of electric vehicles are going to have to address the lack-of-noise issue. I was walking in a parking lot Saturday and nearly got munched by a Prius backing out of their spot. The driver obviously didn't see me (which is odd: I'm 6'3" and 270 lbs.) but I didn't *hear* them either.